Sunday, November 6, 2016

Inner guide.

I had a pretty interesting, life-changing interaction with an inner guide, spirit guide, guardian angel, inner wild woman, or subconscious mind - I haven't yet decided or figured out what it was, but it was an experience I won't forget. This took place after some emotions, confusion, and questions took over my mind for a few hours.

There's often a lot of pressure on women to be at a certain stage in their life by a specific age. I've always blocked these voices, even though they were constant. But over the weekend certain people kept asking me about marriage and kids. I always took people's concerns, opinions, questions, and worries about my choices with a grain of salt. But in the past two days, I heard these comments and they got to me immensely. For one, I don't have to explain myself to anyone. It's no ones business what I do with my life, as long as I'm a good person. Secondly, these concerns came up at least five times, and all by different people. After I thought about and put a lot of focus on why anyone would care to know about my choices, I realized that it's all insignificant. People's thoughts about me shouldn't affect my happiness and the way I choose to live. 

Back to my inner guide experience. Soon after contemplating, and questioning myself, something inside me gave me the greatest pep talk I've ever had! It was in my own voice -  with a little more attitude, spunk, and aggressiveness - and this inner voice basically put me in my place and told me to get over it, work on being stronger, and put my foot down. This wild woman (by wild, I mean strong, not dirty) inside provided so much relief, regathered thoughts and strength, and reminded me of who I really am. I gained so much from this experience, and I just provided a glimpse. 

It was amazing. I recommend digging deep every now and then. The only person that can really help you get back up and reevaluate is you and you alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment