Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The inner challenge that drives me.

Although I'm still fairly new to blogging, I'm not exactly new to writing in journals/diaries. Before the term "blogging" spread throughout the internet, I used to use diaryland.com as a teen. I wish I never canceled my account. I would love to go back and read those old posts from 2001 to see what thoughts were roaming throughout my mind. I remember being so shy but my imagination went to places it had never gone to before. Diaryland.com was my escape and my source of freedom of expression.

With this blog, I hope to have that freedom once again.

I love being in my late 20's. I feel more at ease than I did in my early 20's and teen years. Several years ago, when I was faced with obstacles, fear and challenges, all I could do was hide my feelings, not speak of it and think about it over and over again. This never resolved anything. Now I like to think of myself as more of a problem solver. If I'm being faced with something that may seem impossible  in the moment, I look for ways to make it happen.

It took me many years to understand why challenges keep on surfacing throughout life. You may think "Why me? C'mon!" In my mind, challenges surface because it may mean that someone may need that extra push to walk up a very steep road in pursuit of their goals and dreams. I try to remind myself of that everyday. It keeps me going. To this day, I still question certain challenges, but they never bring down. I find reasons to think of them as exciting new projects to accomplish.

Hope your day was an exciting challenge!

Marissa








No comments:

Post a Comment